Here are a few tips to help you in the kitchen:
Filet Mignon à La Duxelle:
- Liven your mushroom sauce with a teaspoon of blue cheese or Dijon mustard!
- Remove your meat from the fridge and allow it to come up to room temperature about 30-60 minutes before cooking. Frying or grilling it from cold will stop the heat from penetrating to the middle efficiently. Also make sure your pan or grill is hot!! This will help to caramelize the meat and give it a good crust.
- Want your filets more well done? Toss them in a preheated oven at 375ºF for a few additional minutes.
- Don’t have a thermometer handy? Do the feel test:
Never blanched green beans before? Watch this quick video:
Crispy stuffed chicken:
- Want to make your breast really crispy? Give it a quick sear in butter or oil over medium-high heat (2-3 minutes each side).
- Butterfly a chicken… what’s that? Check out the short video below (remember, for our recipe you will simply butterfly, stuff and fold; no need to pound or slice your breast):
Sauce Vièrge Crusted Baked Salmon:
- Need a refresher on how to cook salmon? Watch our video!
Make the dressing at home:
- You will need:8 ounces of frozen strawberries, 2 tbs of honey, 2 tbs of white balsamic vinegar, 2 tbs of EVOO, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- Blend strawberries, honey, white balsamic vinegar, EVOO, salt, and pepper together in a blender until smooth.